The Maryville City Schools Foundation announced today that public nominations for its annual Starlight Awards will be accepted through October 13, 2010 in the categories of outstanding young alumni, distinguished alumni, distinguished service, family partnership and community partnership.
The Maryville City Schools Foundation has presented annual awards to honor the alumni and friends of Maryville City Schools since 2003 in its Starlight Awards Ceremony. The gala event honoring the 2010 recipients will be on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at The Clayton Center for the Arts.
The selection committee seeks to review the broadest possible range of qualified nominees. Nominations from the public should follow guidelines below:
• Distinguished Alumni Award is granted to Maryville High School graduates who have made distinguished or outstanding contributions to their professions or chosen fields of endeavor, or for distinguished human service to their community, state or nation.
• Outstanding Young Alumni is granted to Maryville High School graduates, age 35 or younger when nominated, for significant accomplishments in their professions or chosen fields of endeavor or for distinguished human service to their community, state or nation.
• Outstanding Community Partnership is granted to a business that serves as a sustaining partner through financially supporting the Maryville City Schools and youth programs in our community.
• Outstanding Distinguished Service is granted to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding service and dedication to education in the City of Maryville. This award can be presented to alumni or non-alumni of Maryville High School.
• Family Partnership Award is granted to a family or individual who exemplifies dedication to education in every aspect of their lives. Awardees deserve recognition for their spirit of giving not only financially but through their involvement with the students of Maryville City Schools.
The board of directors and staff of Maryville City Schools Foundation are not eligible to receive awards.
Members of the community will have until Oct. 13, 2010, to complete nomination forms. The nomination forms are available online at www.maryvillecityschoolsfoundation.org, or at the MCSF office located in the Maryville City Schools Central Office at 833 Lawrence Avenue in Maryville.
Nomination forms must be emailed or postmarked by Oct. 13, 2010, in order to be considered. All nominations should be directed to Barbara Jenkins, executive director. The completed nominations can be emailed to Barbara Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Maryville City Schools Foundation, 833 Lawrence Avenue, Maryville, TN 37803.
For more information about the Starlight Awards and the nomination process, please contact Barbara Jenkins at 865-982-7121.