Gary Heath, campaign coordinator for Blount County School’s Partners for Kids Patron Checkbook Campaign, has announced that the 2010 coupon books are now on sale.
“This is the 21st year for the project, and the books are still only ten dollars,” Heath said.
“The Patron Checkbooks have become an annual tradition in Blount County and offers consumers over two hundred significant discounts from the area’s most popular restaurants, retailers and entertainment locations,” Heath added.
Jake Jones, assistant principal at Porter School stated, “The books sell themselves. Everyone wants to save money and the Patron Checkbooks are a way of doing that. Usually you a can use just one coupon and cover the cost of the book, everything else is savings in the pocket,” Jones added. “It is a great program!”
Funds from this year’s project will be used to purchase computers, software, playground equipment, books for accelerated reading programs, class trips, and many other tools for learning.
Books are available through September 17 from the following schools:
• Alcoa Middle School
• Apostolic Christian Academy
• Carpenters Elementary School
• Carpenters Middle School
• Fairview Elementary School
• Friendsville Elementary School
• Heritage High School
• Lanier Elementary School
• Maryville Christian School
• Middlesettllements Elementary
• Montvale Elementary School
• Porter Elementary School
• Rockford Elementary School
• Townsend Elementary School
• Union Grove Elementary School
• Union Grove Middle School
• Walland Elementary School
• William Blount High School
For further information, contact Gary Heath, campaign coordinator at 865-681-1207.