Rep. John J. Duncan, Jr., (R-Tenn.) secured funds for several projects in East Tennessee on Dec. 10 when the House of Representatives passed a year-end spending bill.
The bill - called an omnibus - funds multiple agencies in one measure. It now heads to the U.S. Senate for consideration.
Rep. Duncan secured the following funds for Blount County:
• Blount County Communications System: $750,000
• Maryville College Experiential Science Education Program: $300,000
• Morganton Road Roadway Improvements:$750,000
Other projects in Duncan’s district receiving funding include:
• Childhelp of Knoxville: $250,000
• Clinics of Hope, USA: $200,000
• Knoxville-Knox County CAC Transportation: $500,000.
Rep. Duncan joined Tennessee’s two U.S. Senators Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker to help secure the following funds for his District:
• Pellissippi Research Centre: $750,000
• University of Tennessee Medical Center: $1.35 million.
“I am pleased I was able to steer these much needed resources to East Tennessee. If these funds were not brought to East Tennessee, the overall cost of this bill would not go down. Instead, those funds would be steered to other Congressional Districts in big states like California and New York,” Duncan said.