If stomachs were growling by the middle of last week, it was because everyone was saving room for the annual Taste of Blount.
That proved to be a good idea as the food was delicious, with too many menu choices to savor.
The crowds turned out, and the food was snatched up during the annual Taste of Blount event in downtown Maryville on Sept. 18.
People stood in line to enjoy food from restaurants throughout Blount County. Then they enjoyed good conversation and plenty of fellowship. After patrons picked their favorites and turned in their ballots, the votes were tabulated.
Taste of Blount is presented by the Blount County Chamber of Commerce.
The winners of this year’s Taste of Blount are:
• First place: Lemon Grass Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar
• Second place: The Oaks Dining Room and Bar
• Third place: Foothill’s Milling Company
• First place: Tie between Vienna Coffee Company and McAlister’s Deli
• Second place: The Oaks Dining Room and Bar.
• First place: The Oaks Dining Room and Bar
• Second place: Lemon Grass Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar
• Third place: Sweet Celebrations
• Best of Show in the Art Exhibit: Katie Kinney