For the 6th year, Keep Blount Beautiful and Little River Watershed Association have joined together to recognize those individuals, businesses and organizations that make significant contributions to the betterment of our Blount County environment. Join us in our efforts to honor these folks by submitting your nomination for a Blount County Environmental Achievement Award. The awards will be presented at a luncheon to take place in June.
Nominations are due by May 16 and the categories for Environmental Achievement Awards are:
• Individual – Nominate that person that has made a significant contribution to an environmental issue in Blount County.
• Building Re-use- Creative re-use of an existing building in Blount County.
• Businesses and Corporations- Companies or businesses who have made an effort which goes above and beyond the minimum requirement to enhance our local ecosystems or natural environment.
• Civic or Government/Schools: Nominate a school or department of our local government that has made a serious effort to protect our environment for everyone or has taught our children how to protect the natural resources.
• Church and non-profits: Is your church or non-profit organization attuned to protecting the environment? If so, nominate them for their efforts to recycle, reuse, repair, restore or protect our natural environment in Blount County.
• BRAVO! Award – Recognizing businesses for maintaining clean and attractive properties.
Visit www.keepblountbeautiful.org to download a nomination form or call Keep Blount Beautiful at 865-681-4809 or the Little River Watershed Association at 865-980-2130 for more information.