A parody of clubwomen who are planning a rummage sale is the theme for the Chilhowee Club Players Spring production, “For Sale As Is…”
The funny one-act comedy was written and produced by the Chilhowee Club Players, and it offers a glimpse of five ladies who are preparing for their club’s rummage sale.
As each woman brings her “trash and treasures” to the table, there is a story and a funny exchange.
The play, which is free and open to the public, will be at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, April 1. The cast includes:
• Rose Mary Ballard: Rose Mary plays Lula Mae, a Southern spit-fire raised in the hills of Tennessee and proud of her heritage. Rose Mary is also one of the directors of the play.
• Jean Lambdin: Jean plays Tootsie, a rather frumpy housewife and mother who loves to eat.
• Dee Lidvall: Dee plays Clarisse, an authoritative club chairperson who enjoys her position as leader. Dee is also one of the directors of the play.
• Mary McKinnon: Mary plays Magnolia, born in Mississippi and the former debutante daughter of a wealthy plantation owner.
• Polly Uhrig: Polly plays Prudence, a typical old-maid school teacher who loves books.
Ed Lidvall was in charge of props and Buck Lambdin did the programs.