Medic Regional Blood Center is giving away autographed basketballs to lucky donors during the March Madness play-off games. For your chance to win, just stop by any Medic blood drive and give blood. There will be a random drawing each week and a lucky donor will receive a basketball or shirt signed by either Coach Pearl or Coach Summitt. “We hope this incentive gets people excited about giving blood. Our supplies have been extremely low and we need all eligible donors to come out and participate,” said Christi Fightmaster, Medic spokesperson. Medic donors will also receive a limited edition March Madness T-shirt.
Donors are always welcome at the two Medic locations located at 1601 Ailor Avenue in downtown Knoxville and 11000 Kingston Pike near Pittsburg Paints in Farragut. Community drives are also planned.
• Monday, March 24, Pellissippi State Community College, 1010 Middlesettlements Road, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Bloodmobile.
• Wednesday, March 26, Alcoa High School, 532 Faraday Street, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Bloodmobile.
• Thursday, March 27, William Blount High School, 219 Country Farm Road, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., inside choral room.
• Friday, March 28, Blount Memorial Wellness Center, 220 Associates Boulevard, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Bloodmobile.
• Friday March 28, Heritage High School, 3741 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., inside commons area.
Donors must be at least 17 years of age and weigh 110 pounds or more. Donors will receive a free T-shirt, cholesterol evaluation and a year’s credit towards Medic’s Family Blood Coverage Program. This program exempts donors and their IRS dependents from paying blood collection and processing fees for one year at any U.S. hospital.