Circuit Court Judge Mike Meares will be meeting with residents throughout the area in the coming days during a Tour of Blount County.
Meares is running for election to the judgeship he currently holds. Gov. Phil Bredesen appointed him to the circuit court after Judge D. Kelly Thomas was elevated to the state appellate court. Republican candidate for the position is Judge David Duggan.
Meares’ Tour of Blount County dates are:
• Mar. 29 -- 1 p.m., Chilhowee View Community Center
• Apr. 12 -- 10 a.m., Rockford City Park, Little River Road, Rockford
• Apr. 19 -- 1 p.m., Grand Manor Inn
• May 10 -- 1 p.m., Friendsville Community Center, Friendsville
• June 7 -- 3 p.m., Louisville Point Park, Louisville
• June 21 -- 10 a.m., Martin Luther King Center, Alcoa
Finney holding ‘Fourth Friday’ meetings in Blount, Sevier
State Sen. Raymond Finney will hold another of his “Fourth Friday with Sen. Finney” meetings on Friday, March 28.
Sen. Finney has held these monthly, informal, town hall-style meetings for many months. He meets with interested citizens at the courthouses in the two counties he serves. A wide range of topics are discussed, as citizens in attendance have concerns or questions.
The two meetings scheduled for March 28 are:
• 10 a.m., Room 315 (old County Court meeting room), Blount County Courthouse (on Court Street), Maryville.
• 3 p.m., third floor County Commission room, Sevier County Courthouse, Sevierville.
All persons are welcome to attend and discuss state government issues with the senator or ask questions about recent legislative happenings.