The Last Friday Art Walk is continuing to grow and organizers say sponsors and the art buyers are showing their support.
“I think the Art Walk is exceeding everyone’s expectations,” said Maryville Arts Coalition event coordinator Katie Gamble. “The Maryville Arts Coalition is working hard to keep up with the growing success of this event. Our focus is to organize a great art venue each and every month that the community can experience and enjoy.”
The carriage rides are expanding as the Arts Coalition has been able to secure sponsors for the rides.
“We are pleased to have a number of sponsors helping us now and are excited to have the horse-drawn trolley as a permanent fixture of the Last Friday experience. The public is showing their support as well,” said Gamble.
Gamble said the sale of artwork by area artists is increasing, which supports the scholarship fund. There is hope of providing two art scholarships by as early as this spring, she said.
“I never would have thought we would be able to award a scholarship so soon,” she said. “It’s wonderful.”
Last Friday Art Walk is on Friday, June 27 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. along the streets of downtown Maryville. Participating businessea and artists are:
(The numbers refer to the Last Friday Art Work Map, which is one page C3 of Blount Today. Please take your map with you to the Art Walk.
• 1. FAB ArtSpace Gallery - “Red, White & Blue” group show by members of FAB
• 2. Dandy Lions - (painter) Susan Colclough
• 3. All Natural Health Shoppe - (fiber) Mali Glazer & (painter) Karen Brackett
• 4. Preservation Plaza - (singer/songwriters) Randall Brown & Tim Sandford
• 5/6/7. Southland Books/Southern Studios Stained Glass/Detour Coffee - (graffiti artist) Brian Campbell
• 8. Razberries Boutique - (painter) Keith Elrod
• 9. Studio 212: Ceramic Arts - (ceramic) Leanne Moe & hosting the “Kids Corner”
• 10. Canvas Hair Design - (painter) Carl Gomberg
• 11. Boyd Thomas Clothing - (illustrator) Andy England
• 12. The Knitting Nest - (mixed media) Emily Waters
• 13. The Tomato Head - (painter) Dianne Hamilton & live music by “HollowTree” (9:30pm)
• 14. Capital Coffee/Heath Claiborne Gallery - (performance) Magician Matt Cummings
• 15. Brackins Blues Club - (painter) Heather Whiteside & live music by Tony “O” ($6 9:00pm)
• 16. 2 Doors Down - (painter) Doug Harris & live music by “Middle Finger” (9:30pm)
• 17. Professional Hair Designs & More - (painter) Rachel Shoemaker
• 18. Clear’s Silat & Street Kung Fu - (performance)
• 19. beall + thomas photography - (painter) Amy Campbell & live music by “The Spurgeon Boys”
• 20. Davis Lofts Penthouse- (performance) Foothills Community Players
• 24. Swank’s Jazz Restaurant & Bar - (painter) Tanya Robertson & live music by “Marc Meyer & Friends”
• 25. Founder’s Park - (performance) Southern Kids in Theater will perform excerpts from “Annie, Oliver & Les Miserables”
• H. Horse Drawn Trolley Station