The Dean’s List for the 2008 spring semester was announced recently by administrators of Maryville College, and 70 students from Blount County were among those meeting requirements for the academic distinction.
Qualification for the Dean’s List includes a grade point average of at least 3.6 in all work undertaken with no grade below a “C.” Only full-time students are considered for the Dean’s List.
The following students from Blount County were named to the Dean’s List:
• From Alcoa: Annie Brown, Samuel Howell and Caitland Romer.
• From Friendsville: Kayla Clemmer, Miranda Coffey and Joshua Edmonds.
• From Louisville: Brandon Aaby, Erin French, Angela Hooker and Whitney Pruitt.
• From Maryville: Melissa Andes, Rachel Bowlin, William “Trey” Brewer, Sarah Brown, Lonnie Burns, Lauran Canacaris, Jill Copeland, Rebecca Durbin, Kristen Edmonds, Lauren Edmonds, Cory Everett, Lauren Fields, Kevin Fowler, Stephanie Gibson, Heather Griffiths, Amber Hawk, Lindsey Hill, C. Andrew Houser, Bret Jones, David Kirby, Ashlee Kratman, Jason Lambert, Sharon Lankford, Sheri Lovegrove, Marie Moore, Robert Moore, Jarrod Myers, Jr., Hope O’Connor, Allen Phelps, Ashley Rang, Alicia Ray, R. Bradley Robinson, Cori Rule, Audrey Saunders, Katie Saxe, Deanna Scaglione, Aaron Schmissrauter, Tara Seal, Brandon Shinn, Nicole Sievers, Lauren Sipe, Lauren Smalley, Hannah Smith, Katie Stangarone, Amanda Tucker, Kathleen Walker, Pamela Wilson and Emily Winsauer.
• From Rockford: Beth Gamble, Danielle Jones, Laura Maestas, Ashley Scholten, Katie Taylor and Malinda Taylor.
• From Townsend: Brittany Goin-Hepperly.
• From Walland: Daniel Gomez, P. Cameron Presley and J.P Speir.
• From Greenback (William Blount graduates): Jacqueline Shelton and W. Joseph Williams.
Classes for the 2008 fall semester will begin Aug. 27.