- Saturday, March 31, 3 p.m., "Grace Notes Flute Choir," concert, in the Reading Rotunda.
- Monday, March 19, 7 p.m., "Great Smoky Mountains National Park:
Images of America (Tennessee)" series - Author presentation by Steve
Cotham, Manager, East Tennessee History Center, (book and program will
include images from photograph collections of Jim Thompson, Cades Cove
and others)" in the Sharon Lawson Room.
- Tuesday, March 20, 6 p.m., "Blount County Public Library Board of
Trustees Meeting," in the Board Room.
- Thursday, March 22, 7 p.m., "Successful Vegetable Gardening"
program by Blount County Master Gardeners Association in the Sharon
- Monday, March 26, 7 p.m., "Energy Efficient Lights and Filters (Home or Business) by Damon Fortney, Department of Defense Master Instructor, in Sharon Lawson Room.
- "Alcoa High School Student Art Exhibit" by Minda Cedeno, Alcoa High
School Art Department Head, on Art Wall at librarys Bookmark Café
and art panels at the Reading Rotunda area of the Main Gallery.
- "Gloria Colquitt Art Exhibit," on six easels in the Sitting Areas
of the Main Gallery of the library.
- "Native American" exhibit by Loretta Howard and Sandy Yellow Eagle,
in one vertical case in the Entry Rotunda.
- "African American" exhibit by Rosa Tellis in one vertical case in
the Entry Rotunda.
- "Russian" exhibit by Olga Kerr and other representatives of the
Sister Cities Organization in one cube in the Entry Rotunda.
- "Japanese" exhibit by Japanese community volunteers & the Kumon
Center in one cube in the Entry Rotunda.
- "Hispanic" exhibit by community volunteers in one cube in the Entry
- "European Cultures" exhibit in one display case in the Main
- "New Zealand" exhibit in one display case in the Main
- "Scots-Irish Heritage of Blount County" exhibit by Blount County
Genealogical and Historical Society in Genealogy Display Case at the
- "Blount County Arts and Crafts Guild Member Artwork" on two easels
in Sitting Areas of the Main Gallery.
- "Vintage Dolls" display by Circulation Department on Circulation
Desk Cabinets and New Books Shelves in the Main Gallery.
Childrens Library: 865-273-1414. (Unless otherwise indicated, all childrens programs are in the childrens library)
- NEW?Monthly Surprise Display will be showcased in the childrens library office window. The monthly topic will not be publicized, but children can guess the theme by reading clues on the librarys website. Visit the childrens library to see if you guessed the correct display topic.
Foreign Language Story Hours:
Community volunteers will present bilingual stories and crafts for all interested children.
- Saturday, March 31, 3 p.m., Amigos Spanish Story Hour .
Elementary Age Activities:
- Fiction Favorites - Kids Reviews. Read Juvenile Fiction
books, write and share reviews. Find book review forms and logs in
Childrens Reference area.
- Mondays, 6 p.m., Funtabulous Family Game Night. Families with
children of all ages can enjoy a fun-filled evening of board games,
puzzles, hopscotch, toddler bowling, play huts, and more.
- Tuesdays, 4 p.m., Serendipity Activities, Grades K-6, in
Childrens Library. Sign up in Childrens Library to
- March 6 - Grades K-2, Maracas
- March 13 - Grades 3-6, Sombrero Note Holder
- March 20 - Grades K-2, Fiesta Sun Catchers
- March 27 - Grades 3-6, Color Kites
- Tuesday, March 27, 6:30 p.m., Chess Club, Elementary grade
- Wednesday, March 28, 4 p.m., Reading Zone Elementary Story Hour,
Grades K-2,. Story hour meets on the fourth Wednesday of each
- Wednesdays at 4 p.m., Library Skills Workshops. Must be a reader
and sign up in Childrens Library to participate. Learn Dewey
Decimal System and Computer Catalog Skills.
- March 7 - Grades 1-, 3Library Skills
- March 14 - Grades 4-, Library Skills
- March 21 - Grades 4-6, Online Research
- Colorful Thursdays offer fun and education for kids who love to
color. Coloring pages with crayons, markers, and colored pencils are
available at the childrens activity tables all day and evening (9
a.m. to 9 p.m.) each Thursday.
- Thursdays, March 8 and 15, 4 p.m., "Flying High" Book Search for
Grades 4-6, in the Childrens Library. Please sign-up at the
Childrens Circulation Desk.
- Thursday, March 22, 4 p.m., "Flying High" Book Search for third
grade, in the Childrens Library. Please sign-up at the
Childrens Circulation Desk.
- Friday, March 16, 4:30 p.m., Stamp Club for elementary aged children.
Pre-School Story Hours & Crafts in Childrens Library
- March Story Hour Theme: "Come together @ your library®"
- Tuesdays, 10 a.m., Story Bears #1, Ages 3-5 years
- Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m., Pillows and PJs, Bedtime Pre-K
- Wednesdays, 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., Pooh Pals, Ages 2 and
- Fridays, 10 a.m., Story Bears #2, Ages 3-5 years
These programs are free and open to the public. The Blount County Public Library is located at 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville.
For further information about other library programs or services, call the library at 865-982-0981 or visit the Web site at www.blountlibrary.org.
To print a one-page monthly calendar of events at the library, go to
the library Web site at www.blountlibrary.org, click on "Programs and
Events" and then click on "Click here to view the monthly calendar of
events in printable format" or sign up to receive a monthly calendar by
email by scrolling down and clicking on email@example.com and
putting "subscribe" in the subject line.