This is the first time in over a decade that the school has had a juried show. Submissions included drawings, paintings, photography, Chinese calligraphy, ceramic sculptures and craft items such as polymer clay pens and light switches.
"I have been so impressed with the creativity that the students here have," Roy said.
The judges -- all professional artists -- were Heath Claiborne, Joyce McCroskey and UT Bachelor of Fine Arts student Sissy Petrowski. Winners were chosen in four categories: Art I (Beginners), Advanced, Three-Dimensional and Open.
Winners of the show were:
- Best of Show - Alexis Durand
- Best of Open Category - Caroline Bowen
- Best of 3-D Category - Caralie McDade
- Best of Advanced Category - Jennifer Braunstein
- Best of Art I Category - Shannon Darring
Photos by Leslie Karnowski