- Monday, April 30, 7 p.m., "Rejoice Choir," concert in the Reading Rotunda.
EVENTS: Lectures, Speakers, Workshops:
- 5th Birthday Celebration of the New Library Building during
National Library Week (Sunday, April 15 through Saturday April 21) -
sponsored by the three Library Boards (Trustees, Foundation and
Friends)of the Blount County Public Library:
- Saturday, April 21, 11 a.m. "Childrens Story Time" by area
high school students, coordinated by Hardy DeYoung, in the
Childrens Library Reading Pond.
- "Used Book Sale" by Friends of the Blount County Public Library in
the lower level of the library.
- Thursday, April 19, noon to 6 p.m., "Members Only"
- Friday, April 20, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., "Open to the Public"
- Saturday, April 21, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., "Open to the Public"
- Thursday, April 26, 7 p.m., "The Best of UT Gardens - Selecting and
Growing - Summer Flowers, Annuals and Plants" program by James Newburn
of UT Gardens, presented in cooperation with the Blount County Master
Gardeners Association in the Sharon Lawson Room.
- Saturday, April 28, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, April 29, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., "Fine Arts Blount Annual Member Art Show and Area High School Student Art Show" in Dorothy Herron Rooms A & B, Sharon Lawson Room and Meeting Room Hall.
- April 1-30, Teen Poetry Exchange: Take a Poem, Leave a Poem on the bulletin board in the Teen area of the Library. Throughout the month of April, teens are invited to the library to read, write, enjoy and/or share poetry in the Teen section of the library. All poems must indicate authors name. If you need to know where the Teen section is located, ask any Reference librarian.
- "Altered Books and Clay Dioramas" student art exhibit by Annamaria
Gundlach, in two vertical cases in the Entry Rotunda.
- "Pellissippi State Student Art Exhibit" by Bill Eanes, Blount
Campus Assistant Dean and Marty Komorny, Art Instructor, on the Art
Wall at librarys Bookmark Café.
- "Blount Home Education Association Student Photography Class
Exhibit" on art panels at the Reading Rotunda area of the Main
- "Young Naturalists Club" exhibit by Christian Home Education
Network in three cubes in the Entry Rotunda.
- "Walking Canes" exhibit by Bev Johnson in two Display Cases in the
- "Make Mine Chocolate" exhibit by Kathy Burke in Reference
Department Genealogy Display Case at the Reference Desk.
- "Blount County Arts & Crafts Guild Member Artwork" on two
easels in Sitting Areas of the Main Gallery.
- "Easter and Bunnies Dont Mix" poster on one easel in the
Sitting Areas of the Main Gallery of the library.
- "Drinking Water Awareness" exhibit by South Blount Utility District
on one easel in the Sitting Areas of the Main Gallery.
- Display by Circulation Department on Circulation Desk Cabinets and New Books Shelves in the Main Gallery.
Childrens Library: 865-273-1414. (Unless otherwise indicated, all childrens programs are in the childrens library)
Monthly Surprise Display-- will be showcased in the childrens library office window. The monthly topic will not be publicized, but children can guess the theme by reading clues on the librarys website. Visit the childrens library to see if you guessed the correct display topic.
Foreign Language Story Hours:
Community volunteers will present bilingual stories and crafts for all interested children.
- Saturday, April 28, 3 p.m., Amigos Spanish Story Hour
Elementary Age Activities:
- Fiction Favorites - Kids Reviews. Read Juvenile Fiction
books, write and share reviews. Find book review forms and logs in
Childrens Reference area.
- Mondays, 6 p.m., Funtabulous Family Game Night. Families with
children of all ages can enjoy a fun-filled evening of board games,
puzzles, hopscotch, toddler bowling, play huts, and more.
- Tuesdays, 4 p.m., Serendipity Activities, Grades K-6, in Childrens Library. Sign up in Childrens Library to participate.