- Tuesday, Nov. 28, 7 p.m., "Hometown Choir" directed by Sam Lowry,
in the Reading Rotunda.
- Thursday, Nov. 30, 6:30 p.m., "Carpenter Middle School Singers"
directed by Tammy Marks, in the Reading Rotunda.
- Month of December, Holiday Music by area schools and music groups.
EVENTS AND SPEAKERS:
- Thursday and Friday, Nov. 23 and 24, LIBRARY CLOSED in observance
- Wednesday, Nov. 29, 12 noon to 1 p.m., "Business Info Expo: Business Databases and Resources Demonstration and Survey/Discussion" --for local businesses, industries, retailers, organizations-by Blount County Public Library Reference Department, Pat Thompson and Database Vendors, in Dorothy Herron Rooms A & B. (Light Lunch available 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
- Kathleen Wermuth Art Exhibit--Watercolors, Pencil and Colored
Pencil Paintings, member of Blount County Arts and Crafts Guild on Art
Wall at Bookmark Café and two easels in the Sitting Areas of the Main
- "Blount County Historic Archives Exhibit" by Jackie Glenn, in two
cubes in the Entry Rotunda.
- "Blount County Archives and Historic Records Exhibit" by Jackie
Glenn, in two display cases in the Main Gallery.
- Waterfowl Wood Sculptures Exhibit" by Fred Binning in two vertical
cases in the Entry Rotunda.
- "Alan Sieve Photography Exhibit" by Alan Sieve on Art Panels near
the Reading Rotunda.
- "Blount County Arts and Crafts Guild Artwork on two easels in
Sitting Areas of the Main Gallery.
- Blount County Wrestling Hall of Fame Exhibit by Wayne and Mary Lou
Dunn in one cube in the Entry Rotunda.
- "Tractors Display" by Circulation Department on Circulation Desk Cabinets and New Books Shelves in the Main Gallery.
Childrens Library: 865-273-1414:
Foreign Language Story Hours:
Community volunteers will present bilingual stories and crafts for all interested children.
- Wednesday, Nov. 29, 5 p.m., Japanese Story Hour, in the
Childrens Library. (New Meeting Time of last Wednesday of the
- Saturday, Nov. 25, 3 p.m., Amigos Spanish Story Hour in the Childrens Library.
Elementary Age Activities:
- Fiction Favorites - Kids Reviews. Read Juvenile Fiction
books, write and share reviews. Find book review forms and logs in
Childrens Reference area.
- Mondays, 6 p.m., Funtabulous Family Game Night. Families with
children of all ages can enjoy a fun-filled evening of board games,
puzzles, hopscotch, toddler bowling, play huts, and more, in the
- Tuesdays, 4 p.m., Serendipity Activities, Grades K-6, in
Childrens Library. Sign up in Childrens Library to
- Nov. 28, Grades 3-6 - Tom-tom drum
- Tuesday, Nov. 28, 6:30 p.m., Chess Club, Elementary grade levels,
in the Childrens Library.
- Wednesdays at 4 p.m., Library Skills Workshops. MUST BE A READER
and sign up in Childrens Library to participate. Learn Dewey
Decimal System and Computer Catalog Skills, in the Childrens
- Colorful Thursdays offer fun and education for kids who love to
color. Coloring pages with crayons, markers, and colored pencils are
available at the childrens activity tables in the Childrens
Library all day and evening (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.) each Thursday.
- Thursday, Nov. 30, 4 p.m., "Expect the Unexpected" Treasure Hunt, for third graders, in the Childrens Library. Please register at Childrens Circulation desk.
Pre-School Story Hours and Crafts - in Childrens Library
- Story Hour Themes: November is "Gobble a good book" Month
- Nov. 26-Dec. 2, Home and Hearth
- Mondays, 4 p.m., Story Bears #1, Ages 3-5 years
- Tuesdays, 10 a.m., Story Bears #2, Ages 3-5 years
- Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m., Pillows and PJs, Bedtime Pre-K
- Wednesdays, 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., Pooh Pals, Ages 2 and
- Fridays, 10 a.m., Story Bears #3, Ages 3-5 years
No Musical Story Hour this month.
These programs are free and open to the public. The Blount County Public Library is located at 508 N. Cusick Street, Maryville.
For further information about other library programs or services, call the library at 865-982-0981 or visit the Web site at www.blountlibrary.org.
To print a one-page monthly calendar of events at the library, go to the library Web site at www.blountlibrary.org, click on "Programs and Events" and then click on "Click here to view the monthly calendar of events in printable format" or sign up to receive a monthly calendar by email by scrolling down and clicking on email@example.com and putting "subscribe" in the subject line.